A master weaver uses a horizontal loom to weave kente into small cloth strips 4 inches wide. Every strip takes about 7 days or 50 hours to finish. Many times, 12 strips are sewn together to create a completed kente cloth.
After the creation of a Kente cloth, the subsequent stage involves the skilled artisans crafting handmade items. The duration of this process varies according to the project'sintricacy, with an average completion time ranging from 3 to 6 days.
Inspection & Delivery
Each piece is inspected to ensure quality levels. Once cleared, items are sent out for delivery which ranges between 5-10 days depending on location.
- Kente weaving originates to the 11th century, but it didn't truly rise to prominence until the 1700s.
- Authentic Kente cloth is exclusively crafted by hand.
- Typically, weaving of a Kente cloth can require around 60 days or approximately 320 hours.
- We only use responsibly sourced materials & minimize waste.
- Our employees receive compensation that is 2.5 times the minimum wage in Ghana.